Chris & Pablos Tour The World

Well maybe not the Whole World. Infact just a small part of it. This is the story of two mates who will soon embark on a Motorcycle tour of the English Lake District.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Preparing My Bike

I'm this weekend embarking on a major bike service. Well I suppose it's major for me anyway.

My first task was to do a mundane oil change, which I successfully achieved in double quick time after work this evening. It was during this process that I found a crack in my headlight fairing. It goes right through the lower front mounting for the side panel.

It was fine when I last washed her. It must have happened when I recently had new steerhead bearing fitted by a local bike shop as I'm always very careful not to over tighten the bolts. I was very un-impressed. Goodness knows how much that will cost to fix.

Tomorrow I will attempt to replace my cam chain tensioner, fit some new front brake pads, degrease the chain, lube the cables and check all the bolts are secure. All of this will be done without the use of a safety net 8-)

I will report back on my progress tomorrow.

Regards.

Chris.

Click Here to E-Mail Me Direct

Click Here to Visit my Photoblog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home